The collection and processing of personal data has been designed to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. personal data and their free movement.
- Responsible for the processing of personal data
The company responsible for data processing is Simple Sci, Lda., with an office at xxxx. You can contact the data controller at any time with any questions about data protection by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal basis for the collection and processing of personal data
When accessing and using simplesci.pt, its content and / or our services, the user accepts and consents freely and expressly, by means of an unequivocal positive act, authorizes that his personal data, requested or optionally provided by him, be collected and treated by www.simplesci.pt. under the terms set forth herein.
- Purposes of the processing of personal data
The data provided and collected by Simple Sci, Lda. are for the purpose of:
- Send informational communications about our services.
- Develop our business and services.
- Send promotional communications.
According to the data protection legislation in force in the European Union (GDPR), the use of personal data must be justified under at least one legal basis for the processing of personal data. You can consult the explanation on the scope of each of these fundamentals. *
The legal basis applicable to the collection and use of your personal data for customer assistance and marketing purposes is your consent.
* Legal grounds for the processing of personal data
- When you have given consent to the processing of your personal data (for this purpose, you will be presented with a consent form for the use of your data, which consent may later be withdrawn);
- When treatment is necessary to conclude a contract with you or to execute it;
- When treatment is necessary to comply with the legal obligations to which Simple Sci, Lda. is subject;
- When processing is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it take precedence over your data protection rights;
- When treatment is necessary so that we can declare, exercise or defend a right in a lawsuit against you, us or a third party.
- Categories of personal data we process
Name and contact details: We collect your first and last name, e-mail address, address, telephone number and other similar contact details.
Demographic data: Age, gender, country and preferred language.
Usage data: We collect data about how you interact with our Services. This includes data, such as the features you use, the items you purchase, the webpages you visit and the search terms you enter. This also includes data about your device and the network you use to connect to our services, including IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings. Includes information about operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product keys. And they include data on the performance of the services and any problems that have arisen from your experience with those services.
Location data: We collect data about your location, which may be accurate or inaccurate. Accurate location data can be Global Position System (GPS) data, as well as data that identifies mobile communications towers and Wi-Fi hotspots, which are collected when enabling services or features based on location. Inaccurate location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates your location less accurately, such as a city or postal code.
Contents: We collect content from your files and communications whenever it is necessary to provide you with Services.
- Cookies Policy
Categories of personal data we process
A cookie is a small text file that a website places on your computer, phone or any other device with access to the internet, containing information about your navigation on that website. Cookies are used to facilitate navigation and make it simpler, and do not damage your computer.
Our cookies have different functions:
- Essential Cookies: some cookies are essential to access specific areas of our website. They allow you to browse the site and use your applications, such as accessing secure areas of the site through login. Without these cookies, services that require it cannot be provided.
- Analytical Cookies: we use these cookies to analyze how users use the website and monitor its performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customizing our offer and quickly identifying and correcting any problems that arise. For example, we use performance cookies to find out which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. Based on the use of the website, we may also use these cookies to highlight articles or services on the website that we think are of interest to users. These cookies are used only for the purpose of statistical creation and analysis, without ever collecting personal information.
- Functionality Cookies: We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember user preferences. For example, cookies avoid typing the user’s name each time the user accesses the site.
In summary, functionality cookies keep the user’s preferences regarding the use of the website, so that it is not necessary to configure the website again each time you visit it.
The cookies used can be:
– Permanent Cookies: are stored at the level of the internet browser (browser) on your access devices (pc, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever the user makes a new visit to the site. They are generally used to direct navigation according to the user’s interests, allowing us to provide a more personalized service.
– Session Cookies: they are temporary, they remain in the cookies of your internet browser (browser) until you leave the site. The information obtained allows to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
Yes, cookies can be disabled in your browser. Note, however, that by disabling cookies, you can prevent some web services from functioning correctly, affecting, partially or totally, the navigation on the website.
If you want to block or delete cookies from this site, you can do so by modifying your browser configuration. Although the parameterization of each one is different, it is common to configure it in the “Preferences” or “Tools” menu. For more details on setting cookies, see your browser’s “Help” menu.
- Security of the processing of your personal data
Simple Sci, Lda. employs measures to protect the information collected from loss, destruction, disclosure, unauthorized access, misuse and alteration.
Although data transmission over the internet or website cannot guarantee total security against intrusions, Simple Sci, Lda. and our service providers and business partners make the best efforts to implement and maintain physical, electronic security measures and procedural measures designed to protect your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection requirements.
Simple Sci, Lda. adopts internal and subcontracting procedures (where applicable), to deal with cases of personal data breaches (likely to result in a risk to the rights of the holders), namely in the detection, identification and investigation of circumstances, mitigating measures, information circuits between responsible and subcontractor, involvement of Simple Sci, Lda. and notification to CNPD of the occurrence of personal data breaches, according to the deadlines provided for in the regulation (up to 72 hours after being aware of the same).
- Retention / Retention of personal data
Simple Sci, Lda. keeps your data only for as long as is necessary within the scope for which they were collected.
Once the maximum retention period is reached, your personal data will be irreversibly anonymised (anonymised data may be preserved) or will be destroyed in a secure manner.
- Right of Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition (ARCO) of personal data.
Under the terms of the GDPR, the data subject has the right to request the controller to access the personal data concerning him, as well as to rectify or delete it.
The data subject also has the right to withdraw the consent given to the processing of the data, at any time, without compromising the lawfulness of the treatment carried out based on the consent previously given.
You can exercise these rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, opposition to treatment, portability or withdrawal of consent from Simple Sci, Lda. by sending an email to email@example.com or by written communication, in registered mail, to the address xxxxx.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Under the terms of the GDPR, it is hereby informed that the data subject has the right to submit complaints to the competent supervisory authority, in this case the National Data Protection Commission.
If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal data, you should first contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by written communication, by registered mail, to the address xxxxx.
Subject to certain conditions, you may have the right to ask us to:
- we provide you with additional information about the use we make of your personal data;
- provide you with a copy of the personal data you have provided;
- provide us with the personal data you have provided to another data controller at your request;
- update any inaccuracies in the personal data we retain;
- that we delete personal data whose use is no longer legitimate;
- we limit the way we use your personal data until the complaint is investigated.
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exceptions designed to safeguard the public interest (preventing or detecting crimes) or our interest (maintaining professional secrecy).
If you exercise any of these rights, we will proceed to your analysis and respond within 1 (one) month.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your personal data or with our response after exercising any of these rights, you have the right to file a complaint with your supervisory authority (National Data Protection Commission – CNPD, Rua de São Bento , no. 148, 3º, 1200-821 Lisboa | Tel: 213928400, e-mail: email@example.com ).
- Consumer Information
Under the provisions of article 18 of Law no. 144/2015, in the event of a dispute the consumer may resort to an Alternative Dispute Resolution Entity.
ADR entities available for contracts concluded in the district of Faro:
CIMAAL – Center for Information, Mediation and Arbitration of Consumer Conflicts in the Algarve.
- Electronic Complaints Book
Customers or users wishing to express dissatisfaction in relation to the provision of services, commercialization of products or quality of service, may formally submit a complaint, which is the object of analysis and treatment by Simple Sci, Lda. The complainant must indicate identification elements that make the analysis feasible and describe clearly and completely the facts that motivate the complaint. The complaint can be filed in three possible ways:
– In the Electronic Complaints Book available at https://www.livroreclamacoes.pt
– In the physical Complaints Book on paper, available at headquarters.
– By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple Sci, Lda. always communicates the decision formally, whether it assists the complainant or in other cases. Every effort is made to quickly complete the complaint processes. In cases of a high degree of complexity, the complainant is kept informed, through the means considered most appropriate.